Pages

Tuesday 27 June 2017

Lullaby

Lullaby ushers in sweet sleep

Sweet dreams



Have you seen the lullaby,
she hops with her buddies,
the moon, the stars, the cloud
and the cool breeze across the valley.

Have you seen the lullaby,
she was a mom's mate
she travels from home to home
in search of dreamy eyes.

Kids pleaded with her
not to usher in sweet sleep,
but she wouldn't listen
and put them down to forty winks.

Once upon a time
my eyes weren't sleepy
but they go to slumber
as soon as they hear the lullaby.

Presently I miss my Sweet Dreams
the moon the stars the cloud
and the cool breeze across the valley.
I try humming the lullaby

I wait for the sweet slumber
to creep into  my sleepy eyes
to carry me to the land of dreams
the home of lullaby.

But sleep doesn't  hop in
it seem the moon, the stars, the cloud
and the cool breeze across the valley.
have broken up with the lullaby.
                                               Aarti...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages